Canada players have ended their strike to continue preparations for the 2022 World Cup but warned that “questions have yet to be answered and actions have yet to be taken”.
The team, which made it to the finals of the World Cup for the first time since 1986, has already taken steps to compete for Qatar’s 2022 awards.
As a friendly against Panama had to be called off, Canada Soccer responded to reports players would receive only 10 percent of the pot it received from FIFA.
Canada Soccer said it had proposed that 30 percent would go to the men’s team, 30 percent to the women’s team, and 40 percent to the association.
The players, the association claimed, asked for somewhere between 75 and 100 percent of the money. A letter from the players asked for 40 percent.
The letter states that talks about compensation were “unnecessarily extended” by officials “who” took vacations “before players were given an” old gift “last week.
The club has apologized to Panama for joining a temporary strike, which ended with a return to training this week – although no decision has been made.
“We, the Canadian men’s national team, have decided to re-train ourselves in preparation for the road to Qatar,” he said in a second letter.
“To be clear, we have not yet reached an agreement with [Canada Soccer].
“The players met with senior Canadian soccer leaders on Sunday evening and will continue discussions, but questions have not been answered and action is yet to be taken.
“We are moving forward with the hope that Canada Soccer will work with us to resolve this situation.”
Canada Soccer added: “Senior Canadian football leaders and national team players met on Sunday night to continue the negotiations.
“The players will train today [Monday] afternoon for the next scheduled meeting.”
Canada will begin their World Cup campaign against Belgium in the 2018 semi-finals at Al Rayyan on November 23 and will play Croatia and Morocco in Group F.