Barcelona have reportedly made the first written request of 32 million euros for Bayern Munich striker Robert Lewandowski.
This figure may not be high enough for a Robert Leandowsowski-level player, as it is believed Bayern Munich demanded 40m euros from the striker.
His contract with Bayern Munich expires in 2023 and his current market value at Transfermakt is 50 million euros.
No Lewandowski sale on the cards
A report on the 32m euro donation report came from Bild, but another German newspaper, Welt, had an interview Sunday with Oliver Kahn.
The Bayern CEO also ruled out a player’s immediate exit, saying “this question is not on the table”, adding that “Robert Lewandowski has a contract until 2023 and will respect it”.
He added that a promise had been made to him beyond that day.
“We have done something tangible for his mentor, otherwise we will not say that,” he said.
Hasan Salihamidzic, sports director at Bayern, spoke similarly to Kahn.
Robert Lewandowski has a contract until 2023 and will honor it, ”he explained to Sport1.
“We had an interview with his agent and made it clear that we were thinking about the future with him.”
Barcelona coach Xavi Hernandez admitted on Saturday that Lewandowski is one of the options the team is looking to sign in the transfer window for next summer.
It is one of the chances that he will come as he has said he wants to leave, ”said Xavi.
“There are negotiations in between and it will not be easy with Bayern, but it is one of the options.”