Kylain Mbappe and I will be at PSG next season? That wasn’t my message, says Mauricio Pochettino

Mauricio Pochettino

Mauricio Pochettino has denied confirming at a press conference that he and Kylian Mbappe will still be in Paris Saint-Germain next season.

In a press conference on Thursday’s preview match against Strasbourg, Pochettino responded “100 % in both cases” when asked how likely he and Mbappe would be at the club next season.

Kylain Mbappe’s contract expires at the end of the season and he has been linked with a move to Real Madrid, with Pochettino under pressure following fan protests despite winning the Ligue 1 title last week.

The Argentine player went on to clarify his comments ahead of Friday’s meeting with Strasbourg. He emphasized that the decision was not a signal of a formal antitrust inquiry into the allegations, but a decision was made.

“I did not say that. This is not the message I gave,” he told Amazon Prime.

“Answer me for today, not for next season, you have to listen carefully to the question and answer without getting the headlines or misunderstanding my message.

“The question was, ‘What percentage do you believe you will be here next season?’ I said, ‘Today, it is 100 percent Kylian and me.’

“People talk a lot about my answers. The media needs to take a few minutes to listen to the question and the answer, it’s very important. Do not miss things, because you do not understand the message.

“Today, 100 percent. Today, Kylian and I are 100 percent committed to the team and in the future we will see, because the decision remains a different part. However, I have spoken today.”

Leave a Reply